I realized I had not done this in a while. I have picked up a lot of new readers (judging from the numbers of viewers and the emails) and wanted to "do my duty" to educate and inform. I am going to keep this basic. I have many posts on this site that go into detail on each of these. I could (and have) done an entire post on each.
Here are the basics you need to remember:
1) There is NO GOVERNMENT MONEY!
I have many posts within that go over this in detail. Just remember, when a politician uses terms like "federal funds", "matching funds", "state funds", or mentions spending; you should substitute "my tax dollars".
2) CORPORATIONS DO NOT PAY TAXES - PEOPLE DO!
Again, explanations are in prior posts. Just realize that stockholders or more likely the customers of the corporation pay all the taxes. A corporation just passes them along. Watch for politicians or leader-types when they tell you that a company or corporation is paying for something.
3) CORPORATIONS DO NOT EXIST TO EMPLOY PEOPLE! (in most cases - some companies were started to because someone needed a job) Corporations exist to make a profit for their owners. (there are "non-profits" and charities, but I am speaking of a "normal" corporation) They do not exist to offer benefits, pay a living wage, or employ people. They have to do those things to get people to work for them. However, if someone will do the job for $5 an hour and no benefits, the corporation would be negligent to pay more! (if it were not for minimum wage laws)
4) MINIMUM WAGE JOBS WERE NEVER MEANT TO SUPPORT A FAMILY!
Minimum wage laws are a real problem anyway. A company should be allowed to freely offer a job at whatever price they have to pay to get someone to do it. That would help solve unemployment. But, that is another subject. Minimum wage jobs are for entry level, non-skilled jobs. They are to help people get into the workforce, learn minimal skills, and first jobs. The fact that unskilled and untrained adults are taking these jobs and then demanding more money is idiotic and a sad testimony to our economy and our education system.
5) TERM LIMITS ARE CRITICAL TO GETTING THINGS DONE IN WASHINGTON!
The founders never envisioned people wanting to, much less spending 20 - 40+ years in Congress. This clogs up the system, contributes to the status quo, eliminates action and new ideas, and develops crony-ism. We need to get the Congress rolled over every decade or so to keep things honest.
Since this is a "Remedial Lesson" I will stop there. I can go on and on. If you agree with these - pass it on. If you don't, you are welcomed to comment. I will print and respond to any cogent, polite response.