Skip to main content

On the soapbox again

I am worried about one other aspect of the economic crisis we are in currently. It seems to have diverted attention from the man made global warming nuts and their attempt to take over the world's economy in the name of  "saving the planet".

It bothers me when I see people mentioning their "carbon footprint" or reducing their CO2 emissions. I am all for taking care of our planet. But, this idiotic notion of anthropogenic warming of our atmosphere is rapidly becoming accepted. It is said if you repeat a lie enough it will become accepted. That is what is happening here. I have done many posts on this blog about global warming. I have links and quotes from many sources that show how this "accepted, proven science" is neither accepted nor proven. Here is a link to a letter sent to the U.N. Secretary General from 100 scientists asking him to get the U.N. to back down -
http://www.middlebury.net/op-ed/un-signatories.html

The final signatory is the head of one of the most prestigious scientific organizations in the world.

This is NOT fact. It is NOT proven. CO2 is necessary for life on this planet. CO2 is less than 1% of the total gasses in our atmosphere. Mankind contributes about 4% of that. So, even if CO2 is causing global warming, it is NOT because of our "carbon footprint"!

Some facts - the Antarctic polar icecap is now larger and thicker than it has been since the late 70s or early 80s. The polar bear population is larger now than at any time since humans have been monitoring them. Both of these reported "disasters" are being reported because they are hard to confirm and there are always places in the icecaps that are melting and polar bear groups that are dying. The reports of diminishing icecaps and dying polar bears is being propagated to gain ecological control over the poles, both of which contain vast resources of minerals and hydrocarbons (oil). There are two main reasons for this desire for control - 1) to acquire those resources and use them to make money. 2) to acquire control over the area those resources are in to stop their use in the name of ecology. These groups are working together now (not conspiratorially, but coincidentally) but will come at odds when control is obtained.

I will not go on, but please STUDY this issue. And when I say study, I don't mean watching Al Gore's film. There are literally THOUSANDS of scientists that are saying the whole thing is a farce. The eco-nuts are going to destroy our way of life with the control of carbon.

Remember -
there is no government money
corporations do not and cannot pay taxes - people pay taxes
man made global warming (and maybe even the warming) is a myth designed to control our way of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even more Questions

You may get this more if you read (or re-read) these older posts: "A Serious One" from 4/6/08 "Alphabet diseases" from 11/13/07 and "Questions" from 1/20/08 I am still trying to get answers to the Questions asked in the post above. I have not found any that are worthy of printing. I have come up with more questions: How does one handle seeing the continual decline of their spouse and not being able to do a thing about it? How do you take the inability of your 53 year old wife to get out of bed, or in and out of the shower unaided? How do you answer questions that beg not to be asked, like: will I see Bailey (our daughter, a rising senior)graduate; will Hannah (our granddaughter - almost 3) remember me; or will I see Landon (or grandson - 6 months) walk? How do you comfort your bride of 35+ years when she looks at you with tears streaming down her face? Most of all, how do you offer support and help when you are so damn mad at the world and the situa...

Late Night (early morning?) Thoughts

I was laying there trying to go to sleep last night (without much success, as I have a toothache), and my mind was wandering. I don't know about your mind, but when mine wanders....whoa! (just look at some earlier posts) So, I was thinking about George Washington (what...you don't think about our founding fathers when you are lying there trying to go to sleep?) and how he was called "the Father of our Country". I further thought that there is not a "Mother of our Country" (unless Martha gets it by default, but I don't think so). Then I started thinking about "family" or relationship nicknames. This is to be a participatory blog. I want you all to write back with the ones you think of that I missed. Here are the ones I thought of (I was up quite a while with my tooth!): Father of our Country, the Founding Fathers, Uncle Sam, Mother Earth, Mother Nature, Mother of all battles (or bombs), a priest is called - Father, a Mother Superior runs a conv...

Simple Pleasures

I am writing this on the morning of a departure. My wife and I are heading back home after the better part of a week in Florida. I had a business reason for coming, and with family here - she joined me. It is wonderful to see a daughter that we do not see nearly enough and to visit with a Mother/Mother-in-law as well. Yesterday between the day to day activities that must be done, I spent a large amount of time sitting in a lounge chair in a marvelous screened-in "porch" area of my Mother-in-Law's house. It was in the mid-70s to upper 70's while I was sitting, but with a fantastic cooling breeze most of the time, and a ceiling fan to fill in the lulls. The sky was a tropical blue with cottony clouds that cruised by with the lazy drift of a tube on a river. I was able to start and finish a novel yesterday by killing off the majority of it sitting in this splendor . I just wrote a comment on my sister's blog. This post is somewhat in response to myself for that com...